Sunday, May 10, 2026

5 Easy Chicken Recipes You’ll Want to Make on Repeat

This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.

I didn’t grow up with fancy meals or complicated recipes. Most weeknights were about getting something on the table fast, something everyone would actually eat, and something that didn’t leave a sink full of dishes.

Over time, cooking became less about strictly following recipes and more about understanding how flavors work together. I’ve always liked experimenting in the kitchen—sometimes I follow a recipe, but a lot of the time I make things up as I go. I use what I’ve learned through trial and error: which herbs pair well, how acidity changes a dish, and how ingredients like garlic, soy sauce, lemon, and spices can completely transform something simple.

That kind of cooking has made me more confident and creative in the kitchen. 

These 5 chicken recipes are the ones I keep coming back to...

1. Crispy Chicken Cutlets

This is one of those classic recipes you can easily adapt once you understand the basics. I’ve changed it over time depending on what I feel like—sometimes adding parmesan, extra garlic, or different spices.


Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts (pounded thin)

1 cup breadcrumbs

2 eggs

1/2 cup flour

Salt, pepper, garlic powder

Oil for frying


Instructions:

1. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

2. Dredge in flour, dip in egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.

3. Fry until golden and crispy on both sides.


Amazon kitchen essentials:

Cast iron skillet 

Meat tenderizer 


2. Chicken with Bell Pepper & Spinach

This started as a “use whatever’s in the fridge” meal. Over time, I realized peppers, garlic, spinach, and chicken almost always work well together.


Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts

2 cups spinach

1 Bell Pepper

3 cloves garlic (minced)

Olive oil, salt, pepper


Instructions:

1. Sear chicken until cooked through.

2. Add garlic and peppers and cook until softened.

3. Stir in spinach until wilted.


Amazon essentials:

Nonstick frying pan 


3. Grilled Chicken

Grilled chicken is where I really learned the importance of seasoning and patience. A good marinade and resting time make all the difference.


Ingredients:

Chicken breasts or thighs

Olive oil

Lemon juice

Garlic powder, paprika, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper


Instructions:

1. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.

2. Grill until fully cooked.

3. Let it rest before slicing.


Amazon picks:

Outdoor grill 

Meat thermometer 


4. Garlic Honey Soy Sauce Chicken

This recipe came from experimenting with sweet and savory flavors. I didn’t follow a strict recipe—I adjusted it until it tasted right.


Ingredients:

Chicken thighs

3 tbsp soy sauce

2 tbsp honey

3 cloves garlic (minced)

1 tbsp olive oil


Instructions:

1. Mix soy sauce, honey, and garlic.

2. Sear chicken in a pan until browned.

3. Add sauce and simmer until thick and sticky.


Amazon essentials:

Saucepan set 


5. Greek Chicken

This recipe comes from experimenting with Mediterranean flavors over time. Lemon, garlic, oregano, tomato, olives, spinach, feta and olive oil are a combination that almost never fails.


Ingredients:

Chicken breasts or thighs

Olive oil

Lemon juice

Oregano

Garlic

Salt and pepper

Feta cheese

Tomatoes

Olives

Spinach


Instructions:

1. Marinate chicken in all ingredients for at least 30 minutes.

2. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 25–30 minutes.

3. Top with feta before serving.


Amazon essentials:

Glass baking dish 


Final Thoughts

These recipes aren’t complicated, and that’s exactly why I love them. Cooking has become less about following strict rules and more about understanding how ingredients work together so I can adjust things as I go.

A lot of what I cook now comes from experimenting—trying combinations, learning from mistakes, and remembering what worked. That’s how these recipes evolved, and that’s what makes them flexible depending on what you have in your kitchen.

Don’t be afraid to tweak them. Add something, remove something, or adjust flavors to your taste—that’s how good cooking really happens.



25 Amazon Finds for a Cozy Reading Nook

  This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There is something magical about curling up ...